Interested in booking but have a few questions? All the juicy details below.
- Pricing: Each couple receives a custom quote for their wedding day based on the details provided to me. The location, hours, and requested second shooter are all factors that determine the estimate I provide for the big day. A retainer fee and signed contract are required to book the date with me, and the final payment can be paid as late as the month before the wedding. Adjustments to the invoice can be made regarding changes in the schedule. If there are changes, the rate of pricing will remain the same and packages will not be re-priced without reason. Meaning, your invoice will not severely jump willy-nilly.
- Travel: I will travel for free within 30 miles of my home base in Redding, Connecticut. For distances over my 30 mile radius a travel fee will be applied. I charge the CT mileage tax which is currently $0.57 per mile. For larger distances for out of state weddings, elopements, and destination weddings, travel fees including lodging will be calculated for your date and location.
- Editing style: Make sure you're confident in your photographer's work and know what to expect when they return their gallery to you. Photographers have unique editing styles and typically do not change their work on a case-by-case basis. I edit all my photos and would describe them as: true to color, warm, and a little moody. If that's what you're looking for then you're in the right place! But if you are leaning more towards light, airy, white, and cool toned photos then I would refer you to friends with that style.
- Backup gear: I will always, always, always have back up gear. I will have two camera bodies and multiple lenses at the ready in case of any malfunctions. I carry tons of SD cards, batteries, band aids, bobby pins, granola bars, and other items in case of an emergency. I'm here for you girl! You are trusting me to take photos of the most important day of your life and I promise you are in safe hands. When I get home, I backup the photos onto two hard drives before the editing begins.
- Illness/emergency: By signing our wedding agreement, I am promising you to be at the wedding and ready to give you 100% of my attention and effort. But I'm not superman. So, we need to have a plan B if something
were to happen to me the night before your wedding or on the way to your venue. If I came down with the flu or covid a few days before the wedding I would find an associate shooter. This would be another photographer that would step in to photograph your wedding as if they were me. I would catch them up to speed with all your wedding details so they're ready to go. After the wedding, they would send me their RAW photos for me to edit. Your wedding gallery will still look how you expected it to and you will receive everything included in the wedding package you paid for (online gallery, USB, ability to print a bound album). This is not ideal, of course, but a necessary precaution.
- Second shooters: Going along with the last bullet point, second shooters can act as a safety net. If I ended up in a car accident or something happened to me on the way to your wedding, another photographer is already on the way to your wedding. This is why I always recommend second shooters, especially for weddings that are not quite local to me. For more of my thoughts on second shooters read my blog post all about them here!
- Turn around time: One week after your wedding you will receive online sneak peak photos from moments throughout the day, like a highlight reel. My goal is to send your final gallery on your one month anniversary can sometimes take a few weeks longer depending on other projects and bookings. Contractually, you will receive your final online gallery within 4-6 weeks via PicTime and your USB after 6 weeks plus shipping time.
- Pets: YES. You don't even need to ask!
- Engagement sessions: Engagement sessions are complimentary with my wedding packages! I would love the chance to get to meet you before the big day. If you aren't ready to commit to me as your photographer, we can use the engagement session as a trial run! If you like hanging out with me, the photos, and want to book me for your wedding, I can then add a discount to your wedding package to make your engagement session complimentary.
- Wedding video: I am beginning to offer video packages! If you're looking for someone with a documentary style I'm your girl. Get 10% off your whole package if booking both photo + video with me! Spaces are limited for 2023.